CZ 805 BREN
The CZ 805 BREN A1 is a selective-fire, gas operated assault rifle with a rotating bolt that is chambered to fire the 5.56×45 mm NATO round.
It is primarily designed to feed from the same 30-round plastic magazines used by the German-made G36 family of rifles, though it can also utilise regular STANAG magazines as well as the 100-round drums used by the XM8’s LSW variant.
The CZ 805 BREN can attain a fire rate of up to 600 rounds per minute, and has a muzzle velocity of 920 m/s. The A1 is always fitted with the ZD-Dot red dot sight and has a laser pointer fitted to its side rail. The A1 cannot be suppressed with muzzle attachments.
Exclusively wielded by the Czech Army’s conventional ground forces and 601st SFG operatives, it was introduced to replace the older Sa-58 and is designed with modularity in mind. Compared to its American and British-made counterparts, the A1 has slightly worse accuracy and shares a similar effective firing range of between 370-500 metres.
The CZ 805 BREN is a gas-operated rifle with an adjustable gas regulator. It has a locked breech and a rotating bolt. The charging handle on the weapon can be attached on both sides of the receiver, which makes the weapon somewhat ambidextrous; the later CZ 806 BREN 2 is fully ambidextrous. The CZ 805 has a four-position fire selector switch; safe, semi-automatic, 2-round burst and fully-automatic. The CZ 806, on the other hand, has a three-position selector switch, with the 2-round burst setting of the CZ 805 BREN removed on the CZ 806.
- MOSFET unit
- Direct access quick-change spring guide
- Spring guide with ball bearing
- Fully adjustable for left handed shooters
- Foldable stock that is adjustable for length
- Removable cheek well
- Ergonomic grip
- High cap magazine
- Outer barrel with 14mm ccw treading for mounting other flash hiders.
- Durable and ambidextrous front and rear sling mounts
- Removable front and rear folding sights
- Charging handle and cheek-well can be relocated for left-handed shooters
- Side-rails are removable if required
- Progressive spring
- Ver. 3 gearbox
- Authentic markings
CZ 805 BREN